After twelve months of being ‘missing in action’ ScoutLinks returns this month. For those who had been following the ScoutLinks posts on this site you will see an age group shift as I have moved from being a leader in the the Cub section to the Venturer section.
- 10 emergency activities [magazine.scouts.org.uk]
We all know that even the best-laid plans can sometimes go awry. Fortunately, Scout Leaders are a resourceful bunch – we asked you for your fail-safe suggestions that are guaranteed to entertain, even at short notice
- Help Scouts bridge the gap between legal and moral responsibilities [scoutingmagazine.org]
Help your Scouts or Venturers balance legal and moral responsibilities using this guided group discussion.
- How to Choose a Stove [Scout Outdoor Centre, South Australia]
Not all camping stoves are made the same, and choosing the right stove for you can sometimes be overwhelming. The Scout Outdoor Centre offers a wide range of stoves suitable for hiking, but which one is right for you?
- How to select a sleeping bag [Scout Outdoor Centre, South Australia]
Everyone knows the value of a good night’s sleep but why should we have to settle for less when enjoying the great outdoors? If you take the time to choose the right sleeping bag you won’t have too. You can get a good night’s sleep no matter the climate.
Boy’s Life Magazine
* Inside the September 2012 issue
* Links found in the September 2012 Boys’ Life magazine
Scouting Magazine [UK]
August / September 2012